We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

modern close to nightlife hotel in hollywood/west hollywood

Vancouver, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
modern close to nightlife hotel in hollywood/west hollywood

My boyfriend and I are looking for a modern hotel that is walking distance to great night clubs and restaurants. I will be wearing heels and dont want to walk far. :P We are going by ourselves and would like to meet other people our age to hang out with. we are in our 20's and are looking for a younger crowd hotel. ive been to hollywood before but my boyfriend hasn't. We definitely want to be in the center of it all. 400 a night would be our max budget.

West Hollywood
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: modern close to nightlife hotel in hollywood/west hollywood

If you're looking for hip, trendy, 20s crowd, I'd recommend staying at the Mondrian or Andaz. The Andaz is located right in the middle of the Sunset Strip and close to Pink Taco (for a fun, less formal dinner with drinks), Saddle Ranch (for day drinking and bottomless mimosas) and The Chateau Marmont (this isn't in West Hollywood, but it's just outside of the invisible border). You can walk to all from Andaz.

There are 2 popular nightclubs along Sunset Blvd. -- 1OAK and Bootsy Bellows. These are more on the western side of Sunset Blvd. BUT they're both a short uber ride away from Andaz and Mondrian.

The Mondrian has it's own lounge -- Skybar. Super cool and hip crowd. The hotel also has it's own restaurant that you can dine at before hitting the town. Skybar is an outdoor lounge set within the hotel's pool area. Lots of areas to sit, take in the city views and people watch. Mondrian is also a very short uber ride away from 1OAK, Bootsy Bellows and Hooray Henry's.

Also, both have a great daytime pool scene. If you're staying in West Hollywood/LA it's going to be good weather so take advantage of the hotel's pool. Mondrian has a more livelier daytime pool atmosphere because I think non-guests can hang out at the pool?

Both run at around $300/night - www.visitwesthollywood.com/stay/hotels/

Edited: 12:26 pm, February 21, 2014
Sydney
Level Contributor
6 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: modern close to nightlife hotel in hollywood/west hollywood

I just stayed at the Mondrian, good location and very 'cool' bar. As for walking, forget it. I found cabs super cheap in LA. Not as easy to find as in NY but hotel is good for that ! As above, those bars and restaurants are very close, they are more casual dining and drinking but good !

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: modern close to nightlife hotel in hollywood/west hollywood

I would tend to plan on a few taxi rides too but there are lots of great hotels in Hollywood and West Hollywood - in Hollywood you'd probably do best with the "W" Hollywood which is only a few years old. There's also the Redburry. The other two nice hotels in Hollywood are the Loew's which is more family oriented, and the Roosevelt which is hip but its an old classic hotel with some renovations, but may not meet your definition of "modern". In West Hollywood, The London, Andaz, Mondrian, Sunset Tower, Chateau Marmont all work. Not all of these are in walking distance to large nightlife venues, but short taxi rides will get you there. Sofitel and SLS are otheres to consider, actually a bit outside of West Hollywood but you can still get there with taxi rides that aren't too long.

4. Re: modern close to nightlife hotel in hollywood/west hollywood

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:26 am, February 28, 2015