We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunset Strip Bars

Philadelphia...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sunset Strip Bars

Coming into LA next Sunday for a conference and staying at the Andaz for one night before moving to the Beverly Wilshire on Monday......will only have one night (Sunday) to get a taste of the area......any decent bars close to the Andaz that are worth a visit?

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
28,105 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunset Strip Bars

All the great bars in that area are in the hotels -- The Andaz, the Chateau Marmont, The Sunset Tower, Mondrian, The London. Other bars to visit are Bar Marmont, Katana's bar, XIV's bar, and then there are the music clubs like Whiskey, Viper, etc. There are lower end hang out bars like the Red Rock and the western place across from Sunset Tower (touristy).

Philadelphia...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunset Strip Bars

Thanks so much.........will Sunday night be dead? Can I get by in jeans and a dress shirt.......spend 16hrs a day in a suit and want somewhere nice, but casual and unpretentious -- with strong drinks and decent crowd.......plus I'm on my own and without a "tour guide".

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
28,105 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunset Strip Bars

Jeans and dress shirt are standard in LA. Sunday night won't be dead, you'll have fun!

4. Re: Sunset Strip Bars

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 pm, October 26, 2012