We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trying to Find Walnut Creek Fun Stuff to Do

California
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Trying to Find Walnut Creek Fun Stuff to Do

I have two little ones - 3 and 5, both boys - here in Walnut Creek for a few days and was wondering if anybody had any suggestions of fun things we might be able to do that don't cost too terribly much. I've already got the Lindsay Wildlife Museum on our list. Anything else right here in town? Any suggestions would be MUCH appreciated.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,736 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trying to Find Walnut Creek Fun Stuff to Do

This might seem silly, but have they ridden BART? Since its above ground in WC, you could just take a round trip ride somewhere- little kids dont need expensive activities, but it might be fun and stimulating for them, especially as boys.

California
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trying to Find Walnut Creek Fun Stuff to Do

That DOES sound silly but PERFECTLY fun for two little guys as well! Seeing as how it's two steps from our hotel it's even more perfect. I don't know if I've even ridden BART so it might be somewhat interesting for myself as well. Any ideas on where I might go that we might stop and stretch our legs for a bit? I've got all day Thursday and Friday to spend.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3,736 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trying to Find Walnut Creek Fun Stuff to Do

Hacienda Crossing ( Dublin ) has a huge Cineplex, shops and restaurants, but its a long walk from the train stop and not much there for little ones. Maybe someone else has more ideas.

Pleasanton, ca
Level Contributor
14 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trying to Find Walnut Creek Fun Stuff to Do

In Walnut Creek is a very cheap model train exhibit place run by the local model train society. Its usually $3 per adult, $2 per child. And its not open that often so check the website for hours. The model train setup fills a large room (the model is 4 x 8 so its pretty large), it's a lot of fun to look at, and they sell refreshments. We often bring young visiting family members to this place as their members (which are all volunteers) are really nice and it’s cheap and fun. And its a large extremely detailed layout, you can tell its really a labor of love. It's also right near the park, with 1 or 2 playgrounds if the kids need to work off some energy.

See this link for more information

http://www.wcmrs.org/

5. Re: Trying to Find Walnut Creek Fun Stuff to Do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 pm, August 17, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Walnut Creek