We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sydney Oympic Park

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sydney Oympic Park

Will be tavelling there in early March 2014, going to a show at Allphones Arena. Can anyone tell me a reasonably priced hotel $100 to $175 per night, not too far from Olympic Park, within a 10 minute walk, perhaps close to public transport too. A swimming pool would be really great too! Thanx

9 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
24,271 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sydney Oympic Park

As you're attending an event, a specific date would help considerably. The prices you see now, will not be for the dates of the event - unless of course you book now.

wotif.com/hotels/landmarks/australia/sydney-…

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
15,148 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sydney Oympic Park

Will you be staying any longer than one night in Sydney? If so, maybe it would be better to stay in the city and travel to SOP for the event then return to your city hotel room.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
282 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sydney Oympic Park

Public transport to Olympic Park is very good. The whole area was built for the olympics with the view to moving large numbers of people via public transport. So staying in the city may be a good option.

There is only a limited choice of hotels at Olympic park and the prices will presumably go up when there is a major concert on in the area.

Reading
Level Contributor
285 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sydney Oympic Park

I don't know what the current prices are but there's an Ibis on site, a few minutes' walk from the stadium and the pool. When we stayed there we could hear the Kings of Leon doing a soundcheck in the arena from just outside! If you stay in the city there's a ferry from Circular Quay to a stop about two miles from the park which coordinates with a bus service, but assuming it's an evening thing you'd need a train back.

Singapore, null...
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sydney Oympic Park

I will be attending a seminar from 04-08 Sept at Sydney Showground. The seminar will end around 10.30 to pass midnight. Its I hard to get a cab back to the hotel?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
24,271 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sydney Oympic Park

I've responded to your other post.

Is it hard? Not particularly, but whether it's a good idea depends on where your hotel is.

The last time I took a taxi from Olympic Park, was from the State Hockey Centre, to Pitt St Circular Quay, and it cost AUD$75

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g3323314-i29557…

Edited: 4:51 pm, August 24, 2014
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
349 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sydney Oympic Park

KVE .. never picked you as a hockey fan ;)

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
24,271 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sydney Oympic Park

G'day Helen,

Yeah not much of a fan, but starting to get a little slow and too much pride to play vets (for now) lol. Started in juniors with North Sydney and then RHH. Bit of a journey man with work, but enjoyed Bulimba, Camberwell, Adelaide Uni. So know Homebush pretty well :)

Edited: 8:22 pm, August 24, 2014
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
349 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Sydney Oympic Park

I'm a Parramatta WHA girl through & through - have retired now (including from umpiring) because I don't want to play vets ... those old broads are dangerous!

sorry OP

Reply to: Sydney Oympic Park
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sydney Olympic Park