We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone ever sold their home using...

California
Level Contributor
52 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone ever sold their home using...

My wife and I will be putting our home up for sale in San Diego County in the next few weeks. We are moving to the North Carolina area.

We have spoken to various real estate agents who would like to list it but I have a real hard time paying them 3%. That would be about $15,000.

I found www.forsalebyowners.com and it seems to be a decent site. I would appreciate any feedback if someone has used them - good or bad!

Thanks!

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
25,636 posts
5,669 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone ever sold their home using...

Its been quite a few years.....but have used this service.

The key thing is that you have to a very flexible schedule as you'll be showing the house, meeting with the buyers, etc.

It can be quite time consuming. The service helps gives you advise -somewhat as a consultant - but you have to be committed to spend tons of time on this. (i.e. Real estate people take care of showing, offers, ensuring the house is saleable, being your leg person). If you have a motivated and nice buyer, it can work. If you have a buyer who wants to manipulate you (and we've seen those too), it can be a downright pain and its nice to have the real estate person between yourself and the buyer. That can save countless numbers of hours (more likely days or weeks) of aggravation.

Forsalebyowners is a reputable way of doing it...but it can be a major trade-off between personal time/aggravation and money.

It really depends upon what you'll willing to do (time/work/etc.). At this point, If I were to sell again I'd probably go with a realtor myself.....but its basically a personal decision. Good luck!

Get answers to your questions about Vista