We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fireworks viewing locations

Atlanta
Level Contributor
8 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Fireworks viewing locations

I'll be staying in Tiburon the night of July 4th and want to see the fireworks over the bay. Please provide tips on locations for viewing. Simply based on Google, Shoreline Park seems a great location (we could walk). How crowded does it get? When should we arrive? We do not want to be in SF for the fireworks and deal with transport back to Tiburon.

Also, since I'm east coast time and have no clue, what's the usual time for dark/fireworks in that area? It's 9:30 PM here.

Thanks for your help!

2 replies to this topic
Atlanta
Level Contributor
8 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fireworks viewing locations

I'll answer this one myself for anyone looking next year. We stayed at the Lodge at Tiburon and walked maybe one block down to the grassy park on the bay (next to the ferry dock). We had a clear view of the San Francisco fire works and a partial view of the Sausalito fireworks. It was a perfectly clear evening with zero fog. It was very windy and cool, so go prepared! SF did dual, synchronized displays. It was really awesome!

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,484 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fireworks viewing locations

That's great. Thanks for the information. It was wonderful that it wasn't foggy. You had a rare treat :~)

Reply to: Fireworks viewing locations
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tiburon