We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st time to CA, staying in Temecula

Which Temecula hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
136 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
1st time to CA, staying in Temecula

Hello,

This is our first time to CA. We are a family of 10 (ages 8-62). We are renting a home in Temecula. We would love to go horseback riding. Can you recommend somewhere nearby to go horseback riding? Also, we would like to visit downtown. We are staying over the Fourth of July holiday. Is there somewhere nearby that we can see the fireworks?

Thank you. All of the information I have looked at is quite overwhelming.

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
18,569 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st time to CA, staying in Temecula

The website for the City of Temecula lists the Fourth of July activites, times, and the place where their fireworks show is. Sounds like a fun day! I am sorry that I have yet to learn how to copy and paste a link on this tablet I am borrowing to post. But I found the info easy using Google search with the words Temecula fireworks.

I seem to remember reading that it is possible to rent horses for a ride through vineyards but don't remember which.

I have done a little hiking in nearby Santa Rosa Plateau Reserve and would recommend that, but early in the day as it gets hot up there. The Granite Loop trail is interesting, with lots of very large bolders, and pretty easy to walk. It is just north of Temecula on the other side of the freeway up Clinton Keith Road.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
60,722 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st time to CA, staying in Temecula

Here's one possibility:

http://www.winecountrytrailsbyhorseback.com/

Temecula is a small city with a very small "downtown".

Are you thinking of using this house as a base to visit other places like LA or San Diego??

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
31,950 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st time to CA, staying in Temecula

Here is the link to the Temecula fourth of July activities.

cityoftemecula.org/Temecula/…4thofJuly.htm

Pauma Valley, CA
Level Contributor
405 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st time to CA, staying in Temecula

How long are you staying and are you planning to visit any other locations in Southern California?

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
136 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1st time to CA, staying in Temecula

Thank you for the information. We are staying for 10 days. Planning on going to Sea World, the Safari Park, and San Diego Zoo. We would also like to visit Disneyland for one day. We are up in the air about California Adventure. (I don't want hubby to have to drive an hour every to and from everyday.) I also realize that these places will be very busy on the Fourth of July.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1st time to CA, staying in Temecula

Here is a full list of the Riverside County Fireworks shows...

abclocal.go.com/kabc/feature…

San Diego...
Level Contributor
24,498 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 1st time to CA, staying in Temecula

Given your itinerary I have to wonder how you have decided on Temecula as a place to rent a home?

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
60,722 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 1st time to CA, staying in Temecula

I imagine you are in Temecula because the price of the rental home was very reasonable!!

I hope you realize that you will definitely have a lot of driving to do to get around to all of your activities!

Getting to most places on your list will be about an hour or so without traffic.

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,310 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 1st time to CA, staying in Temecula

Someone needs to be blunt here. Unless you have pressing reasons to stay in Temecula for this trip, it's not a good idea. The drive times sound good but they are unpredictable.

I'm sure the family would prefer to spend more time having fun than not, right?

Look for something in the Anaheim area closer to the things you want to see.

Dr. Z

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
60,722 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 1st time to CA, staying in Temecula

Sea World, the Safari Park and the San Diego zoo are not in Anaheim.

The OP said she wanted 1 day in Disneyland sooo not sure staying in Anaheim would be the best solution!