We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which are the best wineries for white wine?

chicago, il
Level Contributor
23 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Which are the best wineries for white wine?

We'll have 1 1/2 days in Temecula. Which winery do we go to for dry white wine?

California City...
Level Contributor
65 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which are the best wineries for white wine?

I am interested as well. Any recomendations?

Temecula, CA
Destination Expert
for Temecula
Level Contributor
1,333 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which are the best wineries for white wine?

Sorry - I can't help with this question - there's a thread that talks about favorite wineries, but it mostly discusses reds - I would give the local shuttle companies a call and see if they can help. Try Destination Temecula, Temecula Cable Car, Sunrider Jeep Tour or Grapeline - perhaps they have suggestions.

California City...
Level Contributor
65 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which are the best wineries for white wine?

We have been to 12 wineries so far and danza de sole (aka filsinger) is my favorite by far for the whites. They have about 10 on the tasting menu. I had to buy a second tasting to taste all the ones I was interested in! I don't drink red but they have equally as many reds. This was the only place that I purchased wine. A must do!!

Temecula
Level Contributor
43 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which are the best wineries for white wine?

There are as many answers to this question as there are wineries. It's a matter of personal taste. And that's what wine tasting is all about. So get out there and sample and come to your own conclusion.

As far as reputations and awards, be sure not to miss South Coast Winery, which has been named California's Winery of the Year twice. They have a broad pallet of whites. I like it that they have two different Chardonnays - an oak version and a stainless version - which allows you to do a side-by-side comparison to really discern the differences.

5. Re: Which are the best wineries for white wine?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 am, June 22, 2013