We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to visit Wineries without Driving

Which Temecula hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sunny California
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to visit Wineries without Driving

Looking for a good, not too expensive, way to visit various wineries....Tours?

Temecula, CA
Destination Expert
for Temecula
Level Contributor
1,322 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to visit Wineries without Driving

There are several options. Most expensive would be limo or taxi. The wine tours are popular with the tourists. Temecula Cable Car is offering a tour for $89 per person with 4 wine tastings or $52 for their shuttle service. There's also Sunrider Jeep Tours which is a jeep tour through the wine country, as well as Destination Temecula and The Grapevine, or if you really like a challenge, there are some horseback riding tours as well.

You can find out information on each either through the links at www.temeculawines.org or google their names.

Let me know how you define 'not too expensive' and I can narrow down the options for you. Also, let me know if you want more of a customized tour or don't mind going with the crowds.

Edited: 7:14 pm, May 26, 2011
california
Level Contributor
27 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to visit Wineries without Driving

I went to temecula this weekend with my boyfriend and we arranged for car service for 4 hours with Temecula Valley Wine Tours. We had a fantastic time...our driver was very personable, professional and helpful. We were able to visit the wineries we wanted and according to our time schedule. We paid $185 for the service (with $40 gratuity) ...I researched ALL options for car service and tours and they offered the best services and rates...I plan to use them for all future visits. I prefer private service vs a tour and this was only a few dollars more for the privacy and freedom. I highly reccomend them! I've been to temecula numerous times and there is really no way to walk/bike between the wineries so this was the best option.

"http://www.execvipshuttle.com/tours.htm"

Temecula Valley Wine Tours

Sunny California
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to visit Wineries without Driving

Thanks...I'll check those out

california
Level Contributor
27 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to visit Wineries without Driving

And just to clarify the company is exec vip shuttle (not temecula valley wine tours - that's just what they offer)...the website aboe is correct. have fun!

New York, NY
Level Contributor
107 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way to visit Wineries without Driving

I was staying in Dana Point and the only company I could find that would pick up from that distance was havefuntours.com. Lou was a great guide and although there could have been more guests we had the van to ourselves. Call Lou if you are trying to get to Temucula from the coast!

6. Re: Best way to visit Wineries without Driving

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:24 am, June 13, 2012