We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Longs Drug Store answer

Hartford...
Level Contributor
512 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Longs Drug Store answer

In one of my previous posts before my trip took place, vnrose52 mentioned buying local wines for less at Long's Drug store, but was not sure if this still was the case.

We went in search of Long's and found that it is now a CVS with a more extensive selection of wines than the other CVS in town. (This Nutmegger still can't get over the fact that you can buy wine AND hard liquor in a chain pharmacy and in supermarkets!)

It is indeed true that the wines are cheaper --sometimes as much as $6 a bottle!! --but is limited to a hand ful of local vineyards.

It was well worth the trip--thanks!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
749 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Longs Drug Store answer

Longs has become CVS now. Our local Longs and Riteaid sell a lot of booze in my zip code also.

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,415 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Longs Drug Store answer

You should see the people lined up to buy beer when it goes on sale on Friday at the Rite Aid in my town!

Hartford...
Level Contributor
512 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Longs Drug Store answer

I can imagine. I was quite surprised at how cheap wine/ booze is in california. Connecticut places a very high 'sin' tax on ours....

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,384 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Longs Drug Store answer

... and you can thank Governor Rell for that. Her reputation of taxing everything except those that can actually pay the tax is legendary.

5. Re: Longs Drug Store answer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 09, 2010