We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TRIP REPORT Dec 24-Jan 4. Part 1: Accommodations

Which Temecula hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hartford...
Level Contributor
510 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
TRIP REPORT Dec 24-Jan 4. Part 1: Accommodations

With thanks to your help in answering my questions regarding our stay in Temecula, I’m posting my trip report in hopes that it may help others. I will post it in a few sections, as I tend to get long winded, but will try to keep it as tight as possible.

Background: We were a group of 14 (at the most) family members and 7 (at the least) that stayed over the course of 12 days at a rental in Temecula. We stayed in the Cabernet House and Grapeseed Loft at Bailey’s Escape on Calle Nopal off of Anza Road. This proved to be a very good location for wine tasting—as we were surrounded by 30 vineyards all just minutes away. Bailey’s Escape is a private residence (actually 3 separate houses) located on 5 acres that includes inground pool with waterfall, heated jacuzzi, 9 hole putting green and pool table. The setting is beautiful, but the houses do have a weird layout (for instance, a window-less bedroom--seriously!--located off the master bath in the Cabernet House and an open floor plan in the Grapeseed ‘loft’ above the garage with just portable room dividers for a place that supposedly sleeps up to 5). Aside from a problem with the garbage disposal (unusable), the unheated pool and the fact that it could have used an extra cleaning—it appeared not to have been dusted for quite some time, we enjoyed our stay here. The kitchen and living areas proved to be spacious for our large group.

We were happy that a 24 hr CVS and many grocery stores were just right down the street on Temecula Highway, while we were in the relative quiet of a residential neighborhood.

All in all, I would definitely recommend this place and would stay again.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
19,485 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TRIP REPORT Dec 24-Jan 4. Part 1: Accommodations

Thank you for taking the time to write about your trip in Temecula. We don't get many reports from this area of California, so it's good to have some current information.

2. Re: TRIP REPORT Dec 24-Jan 4. Part 1: Accommodations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, July 08, 2010