We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best fine dining restaurant in temecula

Which Temecula hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
64 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
best fine dining restaurant in temecula

hello,

my husband and i will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary in temecula. i'm looking for recommendations for the a fine dining restaurant.

thank you for your help.

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
23,657 posts
5,371 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best fine dining restaurant in temecula

I don;t know the best, but a couple we have enjoyed dining at were:

Thorton Winery Cafe Champagne:

http://www.thorntonwine.com/cafe.html

and The Great Oak (at Pechanga)

http://www.pechanga.com/Dining/greatoak.asp

I am sure there are others...but these 2 we enjoyed. For an anniversary, of the 2 I would go with Thorton Winery.

Chambourcy, France
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: best fine dining restaurant in temecula

i agree with the other post. cafe champagne is great, have been there before. I also like the South Coast Winery restaurant. I have not been to Penfolds Cattle Company (in old town, not to be confused with the casual penfold's cafe),but it is supposed to be really great ,especially for steaks, etc. also the Baily's winery restaurant in old town temecula, next to the Stampede, is really nice.

Orange County
Level Contributor
98 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best fine dining restaurant in temecula

maybe your 25th has come and gone, but I am not sure what your definition of fine dining is. In all candor, I wouldn't use Temecula and fine dining in the same sentence, unless you are trying to draw a contrast. If you don't mind about a 30 minute drive, I would highly recommend going to the Mission Inn in Riverside and eating at Duanes. Now, that's fine dining.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
64 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best fine dining restaurant in temecula

thanks everyone for your suggestions. we actually live in nj, but are going to visit our son who lives about an 1hr away from temecula. we'll be going during thanksgiving. we'll be staying at south coast winery for a night to celebrate.

Level Contributor
35,022 posts
898 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best fine dining restaurant in temecula

The Vineyard Rose at South Coast sounds nice, we were considering at stay here, I found a great deal on Travel Zoo for this place, we ended up in Laguna Beach instead, let us know how you like it, I would love to explore the Temecula wineries when the weather is cooler. :)

6. Re: best fine dining restaurant in temecula

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, October 11, 2009