We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Embassy Suites - Not so Sweet?

Indiana
Level Contributor
814 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Embassy Suites - Not so Sweet?

I just called to check on my reservations for the 14th - 18th and to my surprise, found out this hotel is not "all suites". I have never heard of an Embassy Suites not having ALL suites! The clerk was quite rude when I called and questioned the fact that they had it listed as "all suites" on their website.

I called my travel agent and had them change my room to a "suite" room for an extra $10 per night.

I am skeptical about what type of service I will get but have no choice as this is a business trip.

I will post a review when I get back. I have my fingers crossed!

Temecula, CA
Destination Expert
for Temecula
Level Contributor
1,329 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Embassy Suites - Not so Sweet?

Better cross your toes too. The place isn't like the other Embassy Suites we've stayed at. The rooms are small and old. A friend stayed at the Embassy Suites for about 6 weeks while she waited for her escrow to close on her new house. Said it was miserable. Maybe you should try the Hampton Inn. There's also an Extended Stay place that is closer to the restaurants and movies at the mall. The Hampton is walking distance from the Embassy Suites on the opposite side of the freeway, closer to the business park area. All hotels (the chains) in Temecula back up to the freeway, but the Hampton is only a couple of years old versus the Embassy Suites being here for well over 15 years. The Extended Stay Suites are about the same age as the Hampton Inn, maybe a year or two older.

Indiana
Level Contributor
814 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Embassy Suites - Not so Sweet?

What about the HOLIDAY EXP TEMECULA? That appears to be my only choice for that area.

Claremont...
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Embassy Suites - Not so Sweet?

The Embassy suites is not that bad. I've stayed 2 times before, yes the rooms can be small depending which you get but since you specifically requested one of the "suites" you will more than likely get one of the larger rooms. You'll be okay. The complimentry beer and wine is a great deal, enjoy Temecula it's one of our favaorites!

Temecula, CA
Destination Expert
for Temecula
Level Contributor
1,329 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Embassy Suites - Not so Sweet?

Holiday Express is at the intersection of Overland Parkway and Jefferson, about a mile or so from Embassy Suites. It also backs up against the freeway, farther from the business park area that you are destined for.

Indiana
Level Contributor
814 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Embassy Suites - Not so Sweet?

I have no choice now. I am stuck. My boss said if it is bad, I can just move and he'll approve it. So...I guess if I get desperate, I can move to the Hampton across the street.

I did think it was odd that they had a pricing tier though. Apparently, the "single" room is $129, the King suite is $139 & a suite with two double beds is $149. It is the oddest Embassy Suites. Usually they charge for a better view but not beds.

I will write a trip report when I get back. Thanks for the comments.

J

Temecula, CA
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Embassy Suites - Not so Sweet?

My inlaws usually stay at Embassy Suites and my parents usually stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites. I think the Hampton Inn rooms are nicer but Embassy has better breakfasts and a nicer pool. I also prefer the Embassy location. It's usually about $15-20+ more per night.

And yes, they are NOT all suites. We encountered this when we recently went to Texas for a vacation. We have two little kids and wanted to have a suite instead of getting two separate rooms with adjoining door, thinking a suite would be a lot cheaper. The website had a detailed description of the room as a suite with separate door that shuts, and lo and behold we arrive - no door that shuts. There was a separate little sitting area but NO door (we wanted a door to close for light/noise for kids to sleep at night.) Not sure how these hotels justify it to themselves but they are very misleading.

This Embassy Suites is not bad, though. The hallways are kind of dark and older looking but the rooms are clean and fresher/newer. You could try to request a room overlooking the courtyard because that might be brighter and cheerier.

Their breakfast is very complete and big, which is a nice bonus.

Temecula, California
13 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Embassy Suites - Not so Sweet?

Holiday Express is fine.

Embassy Suites has hard beds.

Hampton Inn the nicest.

8. Re: Embassy Suites - Not so Sweet?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 am, October 06, 2009