We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visting wineries

cincinnati
Level Contributor
116 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Visting wineries

Any advice on how to plan a day visiting wineries? Which are the best to visit? We are driving from Carlsbad for a day trip.

London, United...
Level Contributor
354 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visting wineries

Whatever you do, call by the Oakville Grocery on Hwy 29 in Oakville and pick up the best picnic lunch to take with you into Napa! We did this a couple of years ago, out from SF.

See www.oakvillegrocery.com/stores/napa.html

Burbank, California
Level Contributor
412 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visting wineries

My husband made up a map of Temecula wineries after doing a bit a research. Unfortunately I don't have or know the map but our favorite place was...(at a loss for its name I'm googling, I think it's) Filsinger. A tiny place just off the road with the smallest tasting room, friendly people and the cheapest tasting charge ($3 or $4) and the least expensive wines. When we first walked in there were only two others there. Before we left the place was jam packed everyone saying how much they liked it.

Faulknor was okay. Out other favorite but for Red wines only was an even smaller place called Foote Print, thier name is Foote. This tasting room is in a large garage, nothing luxurious at all. They grow their own fruit too. The wines were deep and full bodied! Look for a little sign that says Foot Print Winery on the main road. Then you drive up a small, narrow dirt road. Not a corporate place at all.

3. Re: Visting wineries

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, September 05, 2009