We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Village at Squaw Valley vs Resort at Squaw Creek

Which Squaw Valley hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
11 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Village at Squaw Valley vs Resort at Squaw Creek

Me and my husband are planning to spend our anniversary weekend in January in Squaw Valley. Can someone tell me which resort is better Village at Squaw Valley or Resort at Squaw Creek. We are not going to ski or snowboard, just want to have a nice romantic weekend.

Pigeon Forge...
Level Contributor
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Village at Squaw Valley vs Resort at Squaw Creek

Stay at the resort. I am here now with my husband. Beautiful room, outside heated pool and great hot tub. Romantic fire pit area. Close to a cute little town to browse and have lunch at, Truckee.

The Village is completely dead at this time of year.

Level Contributor
11 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Village at Squaw Valley vs Resort at Squaw Creek

We are going in January.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Village at Squaw Valley vs Resort at Squaw Creek

If you're not skiing then I would suggest the Resort at Squaw Creek. It's been awhile since I was there (as I do not like Squaw for skiing) but the Village is very ski/snow board oriented and younger as well.

I don't know where you're coming from but to travel to Squaw and not ski seems like an anomaly.

Level Contributor
11 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Village at Squaw Valley vs Resort at Squaw Creek

We live two hours away, that is why for us its a short trip, we just want to have snow around.

5. Re: Village at Squaw Valley vs Resort at Squaw Creek

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 pm, December 06, 2015