We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RNO airport car rental, discount code

Which Squaw Valley hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Southampton, New...
5 posts
Save Topic
RNO airport car rental, discount code

I will be in Squaw Feb 14 - March 9, 2013 and I am looking for a discount code to use at RNO airport for a car rental. Any help?

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
43,146 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RNO airport car rental, discount code

Welcome to TA. I don't think it is one size fits all for a discount code. Each rental car company has its own set of deals so it may be better to go to their website and check out what deals they have. It may be a bit early to get deals for Feb at this time. But rental companies will have Ski deals as soon as the ski season starts

A code for a company may get you say 10% of their so called leisure rate which could be higher than the regular price at another company. It helps to use a combination of group affiliations and discount codes. For example AAA, Costco, AARP (if you are a member) or even the airlines have a code, that plus a coupon code from the actual website for the car rental company may be your best bet. You have to do your homework and shop around and keep looking for lower rates.

Check out www.hotwire.com and that will give you an idea of what the rate can be.

Good luck

Edited: 11:24 am, October 18, 2012
California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RNO airport car rental, discount code

If you want a wider audience you should put this in the Reno, NV forum or at the very least the Lake Tahoe forum. The Squaw Valley forum may not get many participants.

Southampton, New...
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: RNO airport car rental, discount code

Thanks for your help. I have searched hotwire, priceline, etc. I have been to every rental car company site and I have searched lots of discount code sites. It seems that car rental prices are $300 to $800 higher than last year. I have done so much homework searching, my fingers hurt. I will keep looking, but I was hoping to get lucky here. Thanks again for your help

4. Re: RNO airport car rental, discount code

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:22 am, February 22, 2015