We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels

Somerset
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
hotels

My sister and myself (2 women) are travelling in California in September. We would like to find a luxury hotel and spa south of San Francisco where we can chill out for 4days .Before staying in San Francisco for a few days. Any ideas????

Lassen National...
Level Contributor
2,631 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels

Do you literally mean South San Francisco or do you mean Monterey, Carmel, or something like that?

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
50,564 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels

I would suggest looking at a guide book to see what you want to do in CA and what you want to see in Northern CA. You can then perhaps post in the Ca forum if you are looking for ideas but it would help if you tell us you nightly hotel budget in $

Just for a sample resort have a look at the Ritz Carlton in Half Moon Bay and let us know if that is what you are looking for. Also check out the Post ranch inn in Big Sur Both these places are on the coast and one needs a car to get there

Edited: 5:13 pm, April 27, 2012
Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,828 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotels

I'm sure you don't really mean South San Francisco which is the airport area. Belomiser already suggested the luxury resort I'd recommend: ritzcarlton.com/en/…Default.htm

Somerset
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotels

Thank you for suggestions, when i said south i meant on the coast maybe Monterey. We will be hiring a car .

Somerset
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotels

Thank you for your response. I have looked at hotels but they are a little to expensive. Can you suggest anything else.We will be hiring a car.

Somerset
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotels

Thanks you for your suggestion but when i say south I mean Coastal maybe Monterey area. We will be hiring a car.

Somerset
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotels

yes mean Carmel , Monterey or that area.

8. Re: hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, February 23, 2015