We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Winery tours vs. tasting

Which Sonoma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
skaneateles,NY
Level Contributor
95 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Winery tours vs. tasting

Which winery tours are not to be missed in my 3 day tour of the Sonoma and Alexander Valley area? Thanks

USA
Level Contributor
2,214 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Winery tours vs. tasting

The Simi Winery tour is quite good--a beatiful and historic place. It is one of the oldest wineries in the area and they make fantastic wine.

Unfortunately it does not have adjacent vineyards, but there are so many of those around that you really don't miss them. Korbel also has a reportedly good tour.

Upstate S.C.
Level Contributor
343 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Winery tours vs. tasting

Middle Aged Man has given you excellent advice. If for some reason, you want more, I will add one more winery - for its cabernet sauvignon and chardonnay. In the Alexander Valley, fairly close to Simi, is Jordan Vineyard and Winery. You must call them at 707 431-5250 to request a tour. I think you will be impressed with the property.

Alexander Valley Cabs are more approachable in their youth. If you need a cab for this Saturday's dinner, reach out for one from there!

If you really want a great tour experience, then prepare a list of questions you wish to be answered. It is so much better to have a dialogue with the tour guide than to simply listen to their speech.

3. Re: Winery tours vs. tasting

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, August 18, 2009