We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Recommendation For Anniversary

Medina, Washington
Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant Recommendation For Anniversary

I tried reading through reviews to narrow it down to places to eat for dinner as we celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary but found it a bit confusing. Never been to the area and heavily relied on TA in putting together our itinerary and now we are in need of restaurant recommendations. We would like great food, as well as intimate atmosphere so that is important too. We will be in the Sonoma area (staying at MacArthur Place) the end of October and still have a little time to make a reservation for dinner and would love some recommendations. Thanks!

Medina, Washington
Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Recommendation For Anniversary

Forgot to mention the two restaurants we are considering....

LaSalette and El Dorado

Thanks!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
224 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant Recommendation For Anniversary

Sante at the Sonoma Mission Inn is the poshest restaurant in Sonoma, with a lovely quiet dining room, decent food and a Michelin star. Cafe La Haye serves very good food but the bright lighting is not very atmospheric. EDK can produce good food but the place is not that "intimate" with its urban-meets-country design, and hit-or-miss service. Not a bad place for a cocktail though. La Salette is a wonderful little restaurant with good food, friendly service and a cozy but sometimes bustling atmosphere.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,176 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant Recommendation For Anniversary

I think I would chose Sante at the Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn. It is about two miles from the Sonoma Plaza, north on Hwy 12 The El Dorado is fine, but not what I think you are lookiing for. Choose it for another dinner.

I used to be familiar with Sonoma but I am not familiar with La Salette. It has obviously taken up a space from a restaurant I "used to know" on First Street East.

I assume you are not interested in the restaurant at MacArthur Place....."Saddles". Used to be a steak house. Mac Arthur Place is the former summer estate of a San Francisco newspaper man and he raised trotting horses. Saddles is the former horse barn. The manor house is still there but since it became a lodging property they added modern accommodations on the property. It is very nice.

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,828 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant Recommendation For Anniversary

I agree that Sante would be the perfect choice for a romantic, serene environment with food, wine and service worthy of a special occasion. Just walking thru the beautiful grounds and hotel lobby area of the Sonoma Mission Inn is such a nice prelude to the evening! Be sure to request a table in a quiet area and mention that you are there for your anniversary. fairmont.com/sonoma/dining/sante-restaurant/

Medina, Washington
Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant Recommendation For Anniversary

Thank you. I will check into the recommendation. So glad I asked. We are going to Saddles on the second night we are there since we have messages scheduled and it would be the most convenient. Needed an option for the first night and Sante sounds great. I know this is a bit off topic but what is the weather like the end of October?

Level Contributor
35,482 posts
899 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant Recommendation For Anniversary

We have stayed at The Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn many times. I didn't realize Sante had earned a Michelin star.... congrats to them! This is a beautiful property and the food is very good at Sante. If you go here, schedule some time to walk around the grounds, they have outdoor firepits lit at night which is a nice touch.

El Dorado Kitchen and Cafe La Haye also serve excellent food. girl and the fig is another favorite of ours, right across the street from El Dorado Kitchen. :)

Medina, Washington
Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant Recommendation For Anniversary

Thanks or the tip on requesting a private table, as well as noting to allow time to walk around the grounds. Fire pit sounds wonderful! Surprisingly, some of the popular times were booked already for 10/26 but I was fortunate to get a 7:30 reservation which is close enough to the time we wanted. I appreciate the recommendations from all and will post a review.

8. Re: Restaurant Recommendation For Anniversary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, October 06, 2014