We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cotati Accordion festival

Coarsegold...
Level Contributor
4 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Cotati Accordion festival

Hi. We would like to go to the Cotati Accordion festival this year & I was hoping we could stay in Cotati & walk to the festival. I know they have a tiny village with a few bars/restaurants but I can't find any lodging on the internet. Any one have any suggestions? We don't need fancy, just clean & reasonably priced. Thanks for your help.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,167 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cotati Accordion festival

I cannot find any lodging in Cotati, either. My AAA guide has none, the Chamber of Commerce site lists none. I am afraid they don't exist. Cotati is very near Rhonert Park, and they have many lodgings. You won't, of course, be able to walk to the festival. Sorry.

OH, have you tried contacint the festival organizers?

Edited: 5:59 pm, May 27, 2013
Newberg, Oregon
Level Contributor
6,067 posts
389 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cotati Accordion festival

Doesn't get any funner than that!

One of my aunts was an accordion virtuoso, my Dad played banjo and my Grandpa the harmonica. If only I'd learned to play spoons on the washboard, we could have formed a zydeco band!!

But then, I was only 7.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,167 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cotati Accordion festival

OK. Here is the festival website listing lodging. None in Cotati. They are all over the map, including Bodega Bay, Jenner, Windsor, Santa Rosa, Petaluma, Rhonert Park. As I said, Rhonert Park is the nearest, and it is a college town (Sonoma State) so it might be pleasant.

arestravel.com/3874_hotel-list_m307_r977756.…

Coarsegold...
Level Contributor
4 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cotati Accordion festival

Thanks for your efforts. I too looked at the chamber site. The festival site lists hotels on surrounding towns as does the internet. I was there last year for the festival and thought I remembered seeing one or two B&B in the village...but perhaps the wine had me!! Thanks again.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,167 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cotati Accordion festival

I am stubborn. I found this. It is listed as a "Vacation Rental" but evidently also has a studio unit for two, . Read the two yelp reviews and see if the map makes it walkable to the festival.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-sage-hen-cotati

The reviews.

yelp.com/filtered_reviews/…

Edited: 9:16 pm, May 27, 2013
Coarsegold...
Level Contributor
4 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cotati Accordion festival

Stubborn has its good points. This charming vrbo is booked for the weekend, but I've left a note asking to be contacted in the event their clients cancel. Not walking distance...but sure better than Motel 6!!!

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,167 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cotati Accordion festival

Since it is evidently a house plus a non-advertised studio unit, you might call and see if the studio is also booked. (??)

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,974 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cotati Accordion festival

Dang.... how have I missed the existence of the Coati Accordion Festival all these years.

I need to get Googling and see what other festivals I'm missing in the state.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,167 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cotati Accordion festival

When you get the list, why don't you put it in a top question. There must be hundreds, if not thousands, of these in the state.

Coarsegold...
Level Contributor
4 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cotati Accordion festival

Actually found the studio on one of the vrbo sites, sent a message. Tx though :-)