We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private Chef in Sonoma

Boston...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Private Chef in Sonoma

I am going to Sonoma in a couple of weeks with 8 girlfriends. We rented a house right outside of town and thought it might be fun to see if we can get a private chef to come and cook us dinner one night. Not looking to break the bank but we would like to have someone come who would add some character to the night. Any suggestions?

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,240 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private Chef in Sonoma

If you do not get a personal recommendation, the first four on this yelp site serve the area around the town of Sonoma.

http://www.yelp.com/search?cflt=personalchefs&find_loc=Sonoma%2C+CA

Good luck. Sounds like fun.

Edited: 6:03 pm, February 11, 2013
Boston...
Level Contributor
4 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private Chef in Sonoma

Please let me know if you find someone affordable and good! I'm actually looking for the same. Will be in Sonoma in April and planning a low key bachelorette for 7.

Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Level Contributor
51 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private Chef in Sonoma

I would also love to know if anyone finds someone

Boston...
Level Contributor
4 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Private Chef in Sonoma

I used Dominico from Grana et Vino. He and his friend Carlos were UNBELIEVABLE. Really made for an awesome evening. I need to put a review on Trip Advisor and Yelp for them. They were great. PHENOMENAL FOOD AND AMAZING ENTERTAINMENT. CALL DOMINICO!!!

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Private Chef in Sonoma

Grana et Vina - Dominico Cardano - I used Dominico in May 2013 for a private dinner party for six. He and his sous chef Carlos were truly amazing. He came to our rental house with all the ingredients and went to work 4 hours before dinner was to be served. Each course was eloquently presented and absolutely delicious. I asked Dominico to choose the wines to accompany each course and again he chose the perfect wine to compliment the food he was preparing. The ingredients he used were fresh and expertly prepared. The music was a bonus and added an ambience that was unbelievable. If you are visiting Sonoma or Napa and looking for a private chef, I would highly recommend Dominico.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
53,472 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Private Chef in Sonoma

Good info to file away, but the OP has been to Sonoma and back home for several months now.

Boston...
Level Contributor
4 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Private Chef in Sonoma

I agree with Grana et Vina - Dominico Cardano. Everything that Alicia said was spot on. I would hire Dominico again in a heartbeat!

Level Contributor
35,740 posts
903 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Private Chef in Sonoma

Wow, he sounds awesome! What does he charge and what dishes did he prepare for you? :)

Wheaton, Illinois
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Private Chef in Sonoma

Does anyone have contact info for Dominico?

Boston...
Level Contributor
4 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Private Chef in Sonoma

Sorry I didn't see this earlier. Cant remember exactly anymore, but I do remember a pasta dish that he actually taught us to make ourselves, we were making the pasta noodles from scratch. Dessert was tiramisu I believe, but he has options. I also asked him to bring wine pairings, which were awesome!

Edited: 10:45 pm, July 22, 2014