We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private Dinner for Wedding

Covington, Louisiana
2 posts
Save Topic
Private Dinner for Wedding

Hi Everyone,

I am having a small wedding ceremony at V Sattui and staying at the Lodge in Sonoma. I would like to arrange a private candlelight dinner near Sonoma or possibly in the Square. Does anyone have any suggestions to any restaurants that may be able to do this in the area?

Thanks so much!!

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
52,030 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private Dinner for Wedding

Congrats. Mitzi.

Here is a list of restaurants in Sonoma.

www.opentable.com/opentables.aspx…

You can check with them. The places I like are the Girl and the Fig, Cafe La Haye and Harvest Moon. Do check reviews on opentable and on Urbanspoon and on Chowhound

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,833 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private Dinner for Wedding

Have you considered the Carneros Bistro at Lodge at Sonoma? They have private spaces that may fit your requirements. Depending upon the size of your party and your budget there are many restaurants in Sonoma that may be a good fit, but one suggestion would be Estate (www.estate-sonoma.com/#!private-parties). It's a lovely, very special environment and the staff are great to work with.

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
20,561 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private Dinner for Wedding

First of all congrats. When you say a private dinner, how do you mean? Do you mean just the two of you with no one else around, i.e. not in a restaurant with other diners?

Level Contributor
35,958 posts
904 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Private Dinner for Wedding

Cafe La Haye, girl and the fig and Carneros Bistro all have excellent food. El Dorado Kitchen and The Swiss Hotel are two other favorites of ours. :)

united states
Level Contributor
1,258 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Private Dinner for Wedding

Are you set about a restaurant? I have read that a couple of the wineries will allow catered meals at their facilities. If I recall correctly, Buena Vista is one...

Covington, Louisiana
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Private Dinner for Wedding

Looking for a private area, alcove or even a smaller conference room for rental.

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
20,561 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Private Dinner for Wedding

For just the two of you?

united states
Level Contributor
1,258 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Private Dinner for Wedding

What about Ramekins?

I haven'tbeen there, but I understand they can be flexible and I would imagine that they can accomodate your wishes.

9. Re: Private Dinner for Wedding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, December 11, 2012