We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sonoma Restaurants for Vegetarians

Which Sonoma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
35 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Sonoma Restaurants for Vegetarians

Hello all.

I am heading to Sonoma this weekend for my best friends bachelorette weekend. I'm having a hard time finding an appropriate restaurant to accommodate the bride who is a vegetarian. Does anyone have any suggestions of any restaurants that have a good selection of vege foods, especially anything nice for dinner?

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,818 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sonoma Restaurants for Vegetarians

Virtually all of the best restaurants in Sonoma will be more than happy to create an all vegetarian dish that will delight your friend--just call them ahead (a day or 2) and arrange it. What the chefs normally do is to use the freshest in-season produce and pair it with their own unique seasoning and sauces (all veggie, of course). Altho' not located in the town of Sonoma, I recently attended a dinner with 5 other people at the Farmhouse Inn in Forestville and I was the only non-carnivore. When the reserv's were made by the host, he indicated that there was one member of the party who didn't eat meat. Just to make sure they had the info., I phoned the restaurant a couple days prior to the dinner to remind them. The nite we went I asked the server to have the chef prepare whatever non-meat entree he wished--and the result was one of the most delightful dishes I've ever had! It was a huge PLATTER of 3 different braised vegetables plus a creamy polenta finished with the most wonderful light herb sauce. My experience is very typical of what you can expect at any of the nice Sonoma restaurants--just give them a call. Additionally, for a casual lunch, your friend (and everyone else) would enjoy going to Vegevillage at 18350 Sonoma Hwy in Boyes Hot Springs (just no. of Sonoma). It's in a funky old bldg. right on the hwy., but has gotten very good reviews. They offer over 60 different veggie (inc. ethnic) dishes. I believe they're closed on Mon. and are only open for dinner on Sun., but you can give them a call for current days/hrs: (707) 939-8383. The restaurant scene changes so rapidly, I hope they're still open.