We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wine on a budget

Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Wine on a budget

We are going to be in the Napa/ Sonoma area for a couple of days next week. In the past, we have found a lot of the wines up there to be over our budget. Any suggestions on 2 or 3 wineries that have a good selection in the $15-$20 range?

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
899 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Wine on a budget

Roshambo was nice, it just felt more like a modern art gallery than a winery. They weren't the friendliest of folk there either. And, the wine was decent, at best. Just my opinion. Because of the recent rains, alot of the wineries you mentioned were closed.

were up in that area once a year or so, so we'll be sure to check more places out.

South Carolina
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Wine on a budget

Pfriedland - ("Next time you visit try Martinelli, Gary Farrell, Porter Creek, Davis Family and J Winery. Could also try Ridge and Maurtitson in Dry Creek area")

Could you elaborate on Davis Family and Maurtitson? We will be in the area in March. After I pick up my allocation from Rochioli, I'm looking for new adventures.

Ridge - zinfandels?

Thanks

StateRef

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Wine on a budget

Why not get a Wine Country Explorer Pass or take a wine tour that includes tastings? Wine Country Explorer Pass includes tastings and other things in Napa/Sonoma for a lower cost. It's on sale right now too, it looks like for 30 dollars? And a tour ususally includes the cost of tastings.

Upstate S.C.
Level Contributor
343 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Wine on a budget

Bump for Pfriedland!