We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Napa/Sonoma in 2 days???

Which Sonoma hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia
8 posts
Save Topic
Napa/Sonoma in 2 days???

Hello

I will be in San Francisco from Sept. 14-19 and in wine country on the 20th and 21st. I do not want to rush wine country but I would love to start in Napa and drive north on 29 the first day(visiting Yountville, St Helena, etc), cut over to Healdsburg for the night and come back down 101 and do Sonoma the next day. I do want to visit a few wineries but I would rather take in the views, do the russian river valley, stop in small towns than try and cover a ton of wineries..5-7 would be plenty. Is this feasible??? Thanks to everyone in advance.

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,818 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Napa/Sonoma in 2 days???

Yes--you'll be able to travel the Napa Valley to Healdsburg route in a day and still be able to make some stops to enjoy tasting rooms, scenery and have lunch along the way. Your day in Sonoma Co. could be very full depending upon how much you want to see. From Healdsburg thru the Russian River Valley via Westside Rd. is a natural and will provide some beautiful scenery as well as a number of excellent wineries to choose from. If you can, go west on River Rd. to Armstrong Woods Rd. and visit the very impressive Armstrong Woods State Park in the Guerneville area. You'll see huge old growth redwood trees there. In the afternoon you can drive thru the Sonoma Valley, stop at additional wineries and have lunch in Glen Ellen, then (presumably) continue back to San Francisco.