We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sonoma cottage - Casita Carneros?

San Francisco
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Sonoma cottage - Casita Carneros?

They have great pictures on their website, a private cottage with pool & spa. Has anyone stayed there that can give me some feedback on if it's worth a visit?

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sonoma cottage - Casita Carneros?

My husband and I stayed here for two nights of our honeymoon and we LOVED it. It was amazing. It is a guest house (free standing building) that is on the same property as the owners home - their home is very close to the guest house, but they have done a great job of making it very private with fences, etc. The hot tub is TOTALLY private - and we loved it! The pool is really in the backyard of the owner's house, but they have these privacy screens up, so it didn't bother us at all, but we only used the pool once. The guest house itself is GREAT - it has a nice kitchenette with all the amenities. All the furnishings are so comfortable and stylish - the bed is incredibly plush and comfy, and the bathroom is great! We just LOVED our stay, and if it hadn't been booked up, we definitely would have stayed for our entire honeymoon. It was THAT great! I highly recommend it!

Toronto
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sonoma cottage - Casita Carneros?

We're staying there in the next couple of weeks - have never seen a bad review anywhere online and believe me, I've hunted. I'll make sure to post a review for you when we return!

Toronto
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sonoma cottage - Casita Carneros?

I just got back from my stay there and it truly was lovely - so much so that I'd love to keep it a secret for myself!!

The pool isn't heated, so at this time of year it was a bit chilly, but otherwise it was great. The spa seats 4 comfortably, 6 if you like each other. There's a gas barbeque for your use - it's not huge but certainly kept us supplied with grilled chicken, etc. on nights we didn't want to go out.

The cottage itself is one big room with a bathroom and big closet area. You get a great king size bed (very comfy) a small love seat, a fab easy chair and ottoman, a tv with vcr, a stereo system, etc. The kitchen area contains a microwave, small fridge, toaster, coffee machine. You get all the cups, plates etc., you'll need. When we arrived the fridge was stocked with some juice, bottled water, wine, etc. The only negative for us was that the owner doesn't do any cleaning while you are there - not even replacing towels (although I'm sure if we saw her and asked she'd have given us another set) so we had the same towels throughout our stay.

We only saw the owner once, so you really do have lots of privacy. She let us know that there were bikes we could use if we wanted to and to just let her know if we needed anything.

If you don't like animals, this might not be the place for you since they have 3 cats and 1 dog, all of whom paid us many visits when we were outside.

Also, it's not really within walking distance of anything, but is a great way to escape into a quiet country setting.

Hope this helps.

San Francisco
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sonoma cottage - Casita Carneros?

Very helpful information. It sounds great. Thank you, we're looking forward to our visit next month.