We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vertical tastings?

Singapore
Level Contributor
141 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
vertical tastings?

Hi there

Any wineries that have vertical tastings? I have only heard of Homewood. Preferably somewhere near Sonoma town or along the Dry Creek Road or Westside Road. If there aren't any along those roads, any recommendations will do!! Really keen to try that!

Thanks!

Best Seller
Napa and Sonoma Wine Country Tour
2,360 Reviews
from $105.00*
Small-Group Napa and Sonoma Wine...
326 Reviews
from $169.00*
Special Offer
The Ultimate Wine Experience Day Trip...
51 Reviews
from $106.00*
$125.00
Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,853 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: vertical tastings?

VERY interesting question! Vertical tastings (different vintages) are usually offered at special events, but I would think that some of the wineries with reserve rooms may offer them--just don't know of any to recommend. A couple places to contact: the Mayo Family's Reserve Room (www.mayofamilywinery.com/reserve_room.html) in Glen Ellen, and Chateau St. Jean in the Kenwood area; both are a relatively short drive no. from the town of Sonoma. I'm pretty sure that J Wine (loc'd just east of #101 bet. Healdsburg and Windsor). Hopefully, other posters will know of specific wineries that offer daily vertical tastings!

South Carolina
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: vertical tastings?

The only vertical tastings I am familiar with , as Forestvillian said, are for special events. It also helps to be a wine writer/buyer.

You can imagine how much it would cost for a winery to stage a vertical tasting. It would not be inexpensive!

Silver Oak has verticals for sale. You might get to taste an Alexander Valley for the price of a tasting fee, but a true vertical? Not very likely for non VIP's.

Singapore
Level Contributor
141 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: vertical tastings?

Hmmm..okies thanks!

Louisville, Kentucky
Destination Expert
for Louisville
Level Contributor
2,115 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: vertical tastings?

welll....Rosenblum in Healdsburg gives you sort of that experience, since they have so many big reds.

5. Re: vertical tastings?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 pm, August 30, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Sonoma