We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Seaside, Ca a rough neighborhood?

SF,CA
Level Contributor
29 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Is Seaside, Ca a rough neighborhood?

I heard Seaside is a lower class area with rough hoods. I want to stay there because they have lots of hotels but I dont want my hubcaps stolen while I am sleeping.

Pacific Grove
Level Contributor
13 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Seaside, Ca a rough neighborhood?

Seaside is a very safe city- and is becoming one of the gems of Monterey County, with a newly-renovated downtown center project upcoming. It's a great place to stay for families and is easily accessible to shopping centers (Costco, Target, Starbucks, etc.) while only a 5 minute drive to downtown Monterey (the parking is safe, free, and easier than busy downtown properties). I'd stay in Seaside anyday and would recommend it highly.

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
24,872 posts
5,488 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Seaside, Ca a rough neighborhood?

The area where the hotels is is basically all hotels (and good rates.) Its a quick walk to the beach (but bring a sweater as it can get windy here. Its fun to watch people do wind surfing, etc. from here. And as mentioned above, its a great way to see Monterey/Carmel area without breaking the bank. In short, enjoy.

3. Re: Is Seaside, Ca a rough neighborhood?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 am, August 12, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Seaside