We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long-term parking in Sausalito?

Which Sausalito hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Redding, California
Level Contributor
2,310 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Long-term parking in Sausalito?

We are flying to Europe for two weeks at the end of March. My husband's best friend (who is a nice guy, but maybe not the brightest crayon in the box) told him that all you need to do for cheap long-term parking in Sausalito is walk into city hall and ask for a permit, which he claims costs $1 per day. Then, we could take the bus from Sausalito to SF, where we would get on BART to SFO.

I am EXTREMELY dubious about this. Everything I have read indicates a great parking shortage in Sausalito, never mind provisions for long-term parking, but my husband thinks this is just something city hall doesn't want anyone to know about and that it's true, and that we'd save big bucks over parking at a BART station in the East Bay. (Also, I really don't want to have to lug our bags on and off busses, but that is another story.)

Anyone ever heard of this ultra-cheap parking in Sausalito?

Mill Valley/Marin...
Level Contributor
1,043 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Long-term parking in Sausalito?

Unless your husband's best friend lives in Sausalito, and you are going to park in his driveway or his garage, I do not believe that you can get a parking permit for $1 per day.

Check the City of Sausalito website for details, but parking on the street for over 72 hours is prohibited.

2. Re: Long-term parking in Sausalito?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:33 am, March 06, 2013