We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Hotel

Which Sausalito hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london,uk
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Best Hotel

Can someone suggest the best hotel to stay in around Sausalito that is good value but has a good location to visit Muir Woods , Marin County etc but at the same time is close to ferries etc for visiting SF . We are a family of 4 ( including 2 teenage girls ) who normally stay in hotels such as Best Western , Holiday Inn or Marriott . We would prefer to stay in hotels away from the city but have easy access . Any comments would be much appreciated

Thanks Max

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,819 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Hotel

Sausalito has limited lodging choices and most are fairly pricey. You might want to check Hotel Sausalito altho' I'm not sure that they offer rooms with 2 beds. Unless you only plan to go into San Francisco for a day or 2 at the most, I would really recommend staying in the City. For a choice of chain hotels/motels in Marin Co. you can search in San Rafael which will still put you close to both Muir Woods, and San Francisco (via ferry).

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
31,748 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Hotel

It sounds as if you will have a car. I recommend staying in the city as well, in one of the Lombard corridor motor hotels, which are close to the Golden Gate Bridge and therefore Sausalito and Muir Woods, etc. And you would have free parking, and access to downtown, etc. via the excellent publis transportation system.

If you want to visit Sausalito, that would be your ferry trip. As far as I know, Sausalito does not have the type of accommodations you are wanting. There is a Holiday Inn in Fisherman's Wharf, I believe, which also has free parking, but somone from San Francisco can help out here.

3. Re: Best Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, September 14, 2009