We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santa Ynez in June tips?

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,540 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Santa Ynez in June tips?

My husband and I are in our 50's and will be spending a week housesitting in Santa Ynez. We are looking for local cafes and haunts in the area that are casual and great food..and reasonably priced. Steak houses and mexican food recommendations are much appreciated. We know about the wineries, the mission, Solvang and your beautiful beaches. Any other local ideas? We thank you in advance for your thoughts.

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
66 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Santa Ynez in June tips?

I love going to Trattoria Grappolo every time I'm up there. We have never had a bad meal there. I'm not sure about Mexican places but a popular place for steaks is the Hitching Post. I also love going to Los Olivos Cafe for lunch and getting their baked brie. There are some great breakfast places in Solvang. I've also had breakfast at the Alisal Ranch, which was very good. One place you should try to check out is Coldwater Creek Tavern. It's off the 154 and tucked away. It's literally a hole in the wall but has great food and has been around for ages.

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,540 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Santa Ynez in June tips?

Thank you krislecl for your suggestions...Trattoria Grappolo sounds interesting, we will add to our list!

3. Re: Santa Ynez in June tips?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:23 am, September 27, 2009