We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wine tasting - age restriction?

manchester
Level Contributor
113 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
wine tasting - age restriction?

We're planning to visit a few wineries for wine tasting with our daughter who is 20 - will she be able to join us? Do wineries operate age id checks for the tasting sessions?

Thanks.

Level Contributor
35,452 posts
899 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wine tasting - age restriction?

Your daughter can join you in the tasting room but she will not be allowed to wine taste, she must be 21 to participate in the tastings. Enjoy your time in the wine country! :)

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
66 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: wine tasting - age restriction?

She will be able to go into the tasting rooms with you but most of the time they do card if you look young. I'm 27 and get carded at certain places every time. There have been instances when I was with my cousin who was not yet 21 and they served her without carding, just depends on the place.

Santa Ynez...
Level Contributor
191 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wine tasting - age restriction?

This question seems to come up a lot. The tasting rooms in Solvang proper are restricted. You are not supposed to enter if you are under 21. Signs are posted. The alcohol board has been doing stings at the tasting rooms and wineries. You are putting the server in jeopardy of a large fine if you are with someone under 21. Many of the larger vineyards having tasting rooms where they sell merchandise, etc. You can be under age and just not taste.

4. Re: wine tasting - age restriction?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 pm, September 26, 2009