We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hyatt Vineyard Creek, I have a question!

Seattle, WA
3 posts
Save Topic
Hyatt Vineyard Creek, I have a question!

My fiance I and I are traveling to Wine Country for our honeymoon in June. Needless to say, we want ROMANCE! We currently have reservations at the Double Tree Sonoma, though I've heard it's kind of far from the wineries.

So now I'm thinking maybe the Hyatt would be a better bet. How is this hotel's bathrooms? We love detatched tubs with lots of room for two. Also, how are the linens? Is this a nice hotel?

Any other recommendations you could make would be highly appreciated.

Thanks very much!

Santa Rosa, CA
Level Contributor
511 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hyatt Vineyard Creek, I have a question!

I haven't been to the Hyatt Vineyard Creek myself, mainly due to the poor reviews friends of mine have given when they stayed there. It seems to be a bit overpriced for what it is is what I have been told by them. For a truely romantic location, I would recomened the Vintners Inn in northern Santa Rosa. They are set in a vinyard and have wonderful rooms with Jucuzzi tubs. Try their website at www.vintnersinn.com

They are in the middle of things, so it is easy and quick to get to some of the best wineries in the Russian River Valley as well as Healdsburgs Dry Creek Valley and Geyservilles Alexander Valley area. It is about a 30-45 minute drive to the Sonoma Valley from there, Napa Valley is about 45-60 minutes.

Hope this was helpful!

Santa Rosa, CA
Level Contributor
34 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hyatt Vineyard Creek, I have a question!

I'd steer clear of the Hyatt Vineyard Creek if I were you. It's right downtown on the seedy side of town. Looks at the freeway. Next to a reclaimed and fairly clean part of Santa Rosa creek, but I wouldn't walk around there at night.

It has an upscale restaurant which is genereally well thought of, although certainly never mentioned among the best in our area.

Another poster suggested the Vintner's Inn, and it's in a more rural setting, but still right next to the freeway (but in a vineyard, at least). It's not near anything, but at least you could walk around without seeing bums.

Seems to me a much better bet would be something in Healdsburg or maybe out in the country at the Madrona Manor. If you were in Healdsburg, you would be in a nice safe town 20 minutes north of Santa Rosa with more world-class restaurants than you would care to visit. Also, a lot of wineries within a very short drive. Even a couple of tasting rooms just a walk away.

Hope this helps, and please enjoy your stay in Sonoma County.

Santa Rosa, CA
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hyatt Vineyard Creek, I have a question!

I completely agree with the other responses and I've lived in Santa Rosa for the past 25 years and frequently entertain out of town guests. The two places you pick are not at all romantic!! You need to be closer to the vineyards not the freeways!

If you want a spectacular time in the Wine Country.... three places come to mind

#1 - The Sonoma Mission Inn and Spa... which is a five star resort just minutes from the Sonoma Valley. I've stayed there... spectacular spa facilities, restaurants, golf, tours. Can't go wrong there.. but it's VERY pricey. Frequently plays host to movie stars. A short drive away is the charming Sonoma Plaza.... with lots of little shops, wine bars, etc. There are also lots of spas & B&B's in Sonoma to choose from.

#2. The Healdsburg Hotel - which is a new luxury hotel on Healdsburg Plaza. You can't go wrong here either... beautiful location... kind of like walking around Carmel. Vineyards and wineries just five minutes away. Beautiful views.... excellent restaurant called the Dry Creek Kitchen in the hotel itself.

#3. The Napa Valley has several nice romantic spots. Meadowood is a lovely secluded resort... It would be one of my favorite spots to go. Tons of vineyards nearby.... no freeways... no noise..... just gorgeous. Auberge D' Soleil is a spa which gets awesome reviews!

Santa Rosa, CA
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hyatt Vineyard Creek, I have a question!

The Madrona Manor in Healdsburg is an excellent recommendation too. I forgot to mention that in my first post and since my nephews work there... I'm kind of biased. It's a charmingly restored Victorian & resort which was rented out, last year, for an entire week by a famous actress for a wedding! Surrounded entirely by Vineyards and Hills.

There's also a very charming little B&B in Healdsburg called the Camellia Inn that is the old large house of the town doctor from many years ago. My grand parents in law remember going there to see the doc. Lots of guest rooms.... each lovingly restored. Great location.... easy walking to the plaza, movies, restaurants and the Healdsburg Hotel that I mentioned before. Great bakeries in Healdsburg also!

Jill :)