We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santa Rosa here I come

Level Contributor
165 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Santa Rosa here I come

My wife and I have been regular visitors to Bay area and northern CA (sonoma and napa valleys) in the past 15 years.

Finally we decided to move and we are so excited about her Job interview in santa Rosa.

What is the best way to spend this week end in beautiful Sonoma county?

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
29,110 posts
6,099 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Santa Rosa here I come

If you would like a place to stay, we like Hotel La Rose as it is in the Railroad Square area - easy to walk to restaurants there and a good coffee shop across the street.

(Note: Even if you already have lodging, railroad square is a fun place to go for dinner.)

Wells Fargo Performance Center often has fun shows to go to - check their schedule: This is a nice center and all seats give a good view of the performance.

If a Snoopy Fan, of course, the Schultz Museum is a must - it is well done; they also show Snoopy cartoons.

If you enjoy plants, Luther Burbank Center is fun to go to

Good luck with the job interview.

Of course, hundreds of wineries in Sonoma and Napa - so do go to one or two of those.

You might want to go to Guy Fieri (Food TV) restaurant for lunch -

Johny Garlics

Or perhaps get some picnic goods and enjoy a picnic at the winery.

Lots of great restaurants to enjoy in the area.

Explore Russian River area and Healdsburg - Healdsburg up highway 101 in average traffic is about a 20 minute trip.

Level Contributor
165 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Santa Rosa here I come

Thank you Mini

Secretly, we would be looking for a place to live until we buy

Level Contributor
37,190 posts
954 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Santa Rosa here I come

We were in Santa Rosa last month and enjoyed wine tasting at Paradise Ridge and Benovia. Matanzas Creek is another great one to try. You must have a meal at Willi's Wine Bar. We have dined there twice now, it's aweosme!

For a nice, formal meal, check out John Ash @ The Vintner's Inn. The food is very good and they have an outdoor patio area there also looking out to the vineyards. The Vintner's Inn has gorgeous grounds, complete with a very pretty fountain.

Enjoy your time in Santa Rosa! :)

united states
Level Contributor
1,258 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Santa Rosa here I come

Check the events calendars on the main Sonoma County sites and on Wine country .com to see what's going on this weekend. April is a busy month!

To help with searches for your potential plans ( remember, we have to keep this about travel...;) ) the Press Democrat is the local paper and may have helpful information in the classified section....and they have a very good wine and food section that often lists upcoming events related to food and wine. You can view most of it on line.

Since you've been frequent visitors, you probably have a map, but you may want something with more detail than winery locations this trip....try wine country this week's maps, or the Sonoma County chamber website- sonomacounty.com, I think. Its easy to lose your orientation unless you are familiar with the names and locations of the valleys in Sonoma County. Chambers also usually have a packet of information for folks considering a move to the area, so stop in their office, or one of the visitor centers ( there's one in Santa Rosa by Railroad Square) to see what they can offer.

Level Contributor
165 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Santa Rosa here I come

Thank you all

Northville, Michigan
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Santa Rosa here I come

We are going to Santa Rosa in a week and a half. We also are thinking of moving there someday. Where are the nice neighborhoods in Santa Rosa? We would like to look at some of them while we are there. We will also be in Healdsburg and Sonoma.

7. Re: Santa Rosa here I come

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, December 01, 2012
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now