We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

safari west

Which Santa Rosa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sacramento ca
Level Contributor
679 posts
1 review
Save Topic
safari west

still trying to decide my birthday weekend in feb. has anyone stayed here? too cold for "tent?" at that time of year? it's kind of a joke with family and friends- i've always wanted to do one of those luxury safaris in africa but i don't want to see anything to get killed or eaten , so alot of people suggested i go to disney animal park but i thought this might be a good compromise

thanks

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
31,848 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: safari west

Well, here is a link to their lodgings. The "tents' don't look very "tenty" to me. Go for it. (I am sure at the price they are not going to let you be cold <grin>)

http://www.safariwest.com/cabins/

Happy birthday.

http://www.safariwest.com/cabins/

LA/OC
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: safari west

No it's not that cold for February. In fact they've upgrated their accomodations and grounds in 2007? Now it's even way better than when I was there back in 2005, as I did both the safari tent and the cottage experience. (And all that wisdom of Mini's blog was to complain about her prefererence for a fireplace lodging, to that of mine with a portable custom heater in my safari tent. LOL) I had a blast! And I can't wait to go back again! Cool thing too is that you're situated to go into the neighboring wine country or you can shoot out to the coast too. Or play it slow and go to Santa Rosa and see Peanuts 'n Charlie Brown and Snoopy!

(Refer to June 8, 2005 on the Napa Forum, titled "Redwoods to Napa".)

In fact, their safari tent accomodations are way more posh than that of Costanoa's tent-cabins in Pescadero!

Go to their website as posted by my buddy Puter... and click on Visit... and then go to Lodging... and then to safari tent or cabin... Disney is for Tourists! Be a Traveler and go to Safari West! Life is too short on this planet, and filled with regrets at funerals! Live Life to it's fullest! Safari West will put a smile on your face! Call them!

Edited: 11:42 pm, January 11, 2010
Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
31,848 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: safari west

Gosh, "buddy" you have almost convinced me to go there myself !

sacramento ca
Level Contributor
679 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: safari west

thanks so much. we stayed in the cabins at costanoa but looked at the tent cabins and i guess i was worried they were something like that. now i have to decide if the "el nino" we're expecting will stop me!

LA/OC
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: safari west

One of these times that I past thru Santa Cruz this year, I'll treat you to lunch Puter, so we can shOOt the BuLL. Ok? (Not too many folks can make me laugh now-a-days. It's more like... make me cry, because I'm dealing with a low iq score that's on the other side of the fence.) Besides good ole Bjbert of Moss Beach has relocated to Kauai, Hawaii. (and I'm bummed.)

Who said the weatherman/weatherwoman was Always Correct? Or should I give them credit and call them meteorologists? Better yet... Are you afraid of a little rain? Should I bring up the 'bath' question? But more importantly... how old are you? Or better yet... how many birthdays do you have left to go before kicking the bucket? That's my point! Disney is for Tourists! Be a Traveler and go to Safari West! Life is too short on this planet, and filled with regrets at funerals! Live Life to it's fullest! Safari West will put a smile on your face! Call them!

6. Re: safari west

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 12, 2010