We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Comfort Inn

PEI
Level Contributor
6 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Comfort Inn

Can anyone tell me about the Comfort Inn on Santa Monica Blvd. My husband and I are going to SM for 4 days in Sept. and are looking for a cheap hotel ($100 range). We have a rental car so transportation is not an issue but we want to be as close as possible to CBS Studio and other atrractions in that area. Since we plan to be in our hotel room to sleep only, our needs are someplace clean and safe, not luxurious. Can anyone help me here.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
28,752 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Comfort Inn

CBS is far from Santa Monica - you might want a hotel in Hollywood.

Look into the Elan Modern, or Orchid Suites. I think they will fit your needs.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,225 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Comfort Inn

I agree with the above. The Elan Modern is less than a mile from CBS. The Comfort Inn on Santa Monica Blvd, in the City of Santa Monica is about 10 miles from CBS.

PEI
Level Contributor
6 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Comfort Inn

Thanks for the reply. We are going to CBS one day, Burbank another and in between we want to take in the regular tourist traps. Rodeo Drive, Walk of Fame, etc. and definitely spend some time on the beaches in Santa Monica. This is first trip to LA and nervous about traffic and want to find hotel easy to get to off I-10 as we are coming from the East. I thought maybe somewhere along Santa Monica Blvd. might be kind of central to everything. Would you still suggest staying in Hollywood. Really appreciate your help.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Comfort Inn

That Comfort Inn is fine but not at all convenient to what you plan to do.

See if you can get into the Park Plaza Lodge at 6001 West Third Street in Los Angeles (walk to CBS!). The Days Inn on Sunset Boulevard would be good, too.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,225 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Comfort Inn

I have no personal knowledge of any of the hotels mentioned, but being from Los Angeles, I am very familiar with the locations mentioned. I would recommend the Elan Modern for location. As far as getting there from the I-10 Freeway: North on La Cienega Blvd.(about 3 miles) ...right turn on Beverly Blvd.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Comfort Inn

Elan runs about $150. That's 50% over budget or about 70% over budget canadian.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
2,225 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Comfort Inn

Above poster is correct that the Elan Modern will be above your $100 stated budget. The other hotels mentioned are convenient and will meet your budget.....I would carefully check reviews for those or any you subsequently choose. If budget is a prime consideration, I can give a personal recommendation for a motel that is about 5 miles from CBS and about 7 freeway miles from Universal Studios: I recently stayed at the Comfort Inn on 2717 West Sunset Blvd Los Angeles. This motel will be under $100 incl. tax. The only downside is its seedy neighborhood, but the hotel seems to have excellent security and secure free garage parking. Directions from the I-10, look for 101 - Hollywood and get off at Alvarado, north (right) on Alvarado west (left) on Sunset.

8. Re: Comfort Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11:51 pm, August 19, 2013
9. Re: Comfort Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 pm, August 21, 2009