We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

(1) Night (1) Day Stay - Need advice

Which Santa Monica hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
(1) Night (1) Day Stay - Need advice

Hey I am staying at the Delfina for business and have (1) full day and (1) full night to enjoy the town.

Love the action want to be able to drink and catch rays during the day - nice patios on the beach...safe for mid 30's gal ? Also need reco's for a great vibe at night for dinner/drinks and party places. I am heading there May 20/21; looking for a great time before have to catch the red eye.

Any reco's what to do and see that is a must in that area around my hotel..

Thanks!!!

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: (1) Night (1) Day Stay - Need advice

Hopefully no "May Gray" at that time (basically means it might be overcast at the beach in the morning).

Basically three main areas relatively close to your hotel:

a) 3rd St. Promenade and surrounding streets - large outdoor shopping center, many restaurants - 3rd St. between Wilshire Blve. and Broadway ave.

b) Main St., around Ocean Park Blvd. - Chaya Venice is great for dinner and drinks, also Library Alehouse, Circle Bar

c) hotels near your own - Shutters at the Beach and Casa Del Mar both have great views of the beach from their restaurants and bar areas. Both restaurants (One Pico in Shutters, Catch in Casa Del Mar) are excellent. Viceroy not on the beach but a pretty swank place, the Whist restaurant there is also very good.

2. Re: (1) Night (1) Day Stay - Need advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 14, 2015