We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anniversary picnic lunch to take to the beach

Which Santa Monica hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, Texas
2 posts
Save Topic
Anniversary picnic lunch to take to the beach

I am looking for a deli/cafe to prepare a fun picnic lunch for my hubby and I to take to the beach to celebrate our 25th anniversary. We've got dinner plans but I thought it'd be fun to create a silver anniversary picnic for that afternoon.

Any ideas on who/where would be good? I'd love to contact them in advance to plan.

Thanks!

Santa Monica
Level Contributor
93 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anniversary picnic lunch to take to the beach

Try Marmalade on Montana Avenue. They have great food and options for a picnic lunch. http://www.marmaladecafe.com/site/

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
27,483 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anniversary picnic lunch to take to the beach

Rosti, Marmalade, Bay Cities, it really all depends what kind of lunch you seek? Rosti has a full picnic menu, they are on Montana Ave.

I would recommend driving to Malibu and picking up lunch from John's Garden, and then heading to one of the beaches there.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,311 posts
423 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anniversary picnic lunch to take to the beach

There is nothing fancy about them, but I think Bay Cities Deli turns out the best sandwiches in Santa Monica and maybe So Cal.

I get my spicy Godmother to go with a salad and chips and head to Ocean Ave to eat it.

http://www.baycitiesitaliandeli.com/

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
16,688 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anniversary picnic lunch to take to the beach

I'm in full agreement of Bay Cities, but for a romantic picnic, they are a tad sloppy to eat! Whatever you choose among the many good ideas, Happy Anniversary and many more to come!

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anniversary picnic lunch to take to the beach

3rd (or 4th?) vote for Bay Cities. Just note that they are closed on Sundays, just in case that is the day of the week in question.

Austin, Texas
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Anniversary picnic lunch to take to the beach

Thank you all soo much!! It is great to have locals suggestions on places in Santa Monica. I'll check them out and make a plan!!!

Cheers,

Susan

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
27,483 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anniversary picnic lunch to take to the beach

Bay Cities is very much open on Sundays, it is closed on Mondays.

8. Re: Anniversary picnic lunch to take to the beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 16, 2015