We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

budget hotel for 2 nights

berlin
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
budget hotel for 2 nights

hi, i´m locking for a "cheap" hotel in santa monica from the 12. of sept until the 14. of sept.

thx for the help!

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
31,960 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: budget hotel for 2 nights

Visit the Trip Advisor Hotel section for Santa Monica. Click here:

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g33052-Santa_Monica_C…

Where you get there, use the blue QUICK CHECK button to look up CURRENT room rates. (The rates listed next to the words QUICK CHECK are the AVERAGE rate for that hotel).

The hotels are listed in descending order of desirability. See the ranking numbers in the narrow green stripe above each hotel.

Santa Monica is one of the most expensive areas in the L.A. area. If you don't find a hotel within your price range, post another message with the maximum you'd like to pay per night and we'll recommend adjacent neighborhoods. Also indicate if you will have4 a car at your disposal.

Good luck

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
31,960 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: budget hotel for 2 nights

Visit the Trip Advisor Hotel section for Santa Monica. Click here:

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g33052-Santa_Monica_C…

Where you get there, use the blue QUICK CHECK button to look up CURRENT room rates. (The rates listed next to the words QUICK CHECK are the AVERAGE rate for that hotel).

The hotels are listed in descending order of desirability. See the ranking numbers in the narrow green stripe above each hotel.

Santa Monica is one of the most expensive areas in the L.A. area. If you don't find a hotel within your price range, post another message with the maximum you'd like to pay per night and we'll recommend adjacent neighborhoods. Also indicate if you will have4 a car at your disposal.

Good luck

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
29,290 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: budget hotel for 2 nights

What do you consider cheap? There are a couple hostels in the Venice area... but no real cheap hotels. Please tell us your budget and what you want to do while here, and we'll help you...

berlin
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: budget hotel for 2 nights

i was in santa monica for a few days during january 2006 actually la isnt my town but i enjoyed venice and santa monica we stayed at the travellodge near the santa monica pier i think we payed 60 bucks per night.

I saw that the prices are much higher in sept. so i think i wanna spent 80 up to max 100 $ per night. i wanna show santa monica and venice to my girlfriend strolling the bordwalk and the the area near the santa monica pier. what was the name of the pedestrian street in santa monica, third street?

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
29,290 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: budget hotel for 2 nights

The TravelLodge is more like $140- $170/night

Here are other options:

The Sea Shore is on Main Street in Venice, among shops and cafes.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g33052-d119450-…

The Bayside is near the Pier and Third Street Promenade:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g33052-d82038-R…

The CalMar is an all-suites motel that is in a residential neighborhood near the Promenade:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g33052-d82040-R…

berlin
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: budget hotel for 2 nights

i think it will be the sea shore or the bayside. but first of all i have to ask my girlfriend :) if she can afford it.

thx for your help

Missouri
Level Contributor
247 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: budget hotel for 2 nights

Just returned from a three night stay at the Sea Shore. Was about a 15 minute walk to the pier and promenade. About the same to Venice Beach. It costed $114, after taxes, per night.

The Bayside is closer to the pier and promenade. Can always take the TIDE bus until 10 pm, but pier closes at 12:30 or 1 am.

8. Re: budget hotel for 2 nights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 am, August 13, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Santa Monica