We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to see between LAX and Santa Monica?

Which Santa Monica hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bethesda, Maryland
Level Contributor
18 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Things to see between LAX and Santa Monica?

Hi everyone,

We will be arriving at LAX on a Wednesday morning at 9:30am. We are staying at the Viceroy in Santa Monica, but will likely not be able to check in until the afternoon. Any recommendations for how to spend that morning (we will have a rental car)? I think we'll have enough time in Santa Monica/Venice so I'd like to check out some other beaches nearby, just not sure which ones are worthwhile stops. Thanks in advance!

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
26,993 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to see between LAX and Santa Monica?

Venice is smack in the middle of the two. Visit the Canals, take a walk on the Boardwalk, look at the Marina.

Frankly, I would just go straight to your hotel, let them hold your bags if the room isn't ready, and then wander around Santa Monica - maybe rent bikes and bike to Venice beach (or just walk there).

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
18,050 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to see between LAX and Santa Monica?

Go to Manhattan Beach and have lunch and stroll the shops. If you feel like biking, rent them and bike south. I think this stretch of the bike path is much nicer than the Santa Monica/Venice Beach. I lived in the area for many years and biked this often.

Bethesda, Maryland
Level Contributor
18 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to see between LAX and Santa Monica?

Thanks! Maybe we'll drive through Manhattan Beach and Venice and explore around a little and then just head to Santa Monica and hope they'll let us check in. A nap may be in order at that point!

Thanks again :)

4. Re: Things to see between LAX and Santa Monica?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, August 06, 2014