We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi Cabs & Rental cars

San Jose, CA. USA
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Topic
Taxi Cabs & Rental cars

Hi Everyone,

How are you? Does anyone have any favorite taxi cab services... reliable with great rates?

I will need taxi service to and from LAX to Santa Monica & also a service driving me around Santa Monica? Also, I would like to pose the same question in reference to car rental companies.

Thank you so much for any & all help!

Robyn

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
29,024 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi Cabs & Rental cars

Just take whatever taxi is in cue at LAX upon arrival (outside baggage claim).

For getting around Santa Monica, where are you going to and where from? I like the Uber app. It's a great alternative to taxis, and it's what I use. Otherwise, there are only a few taxi companies in Santa Monica, but none of them provide a "service". Did you need one for the day?

A rental car is always cheaper than using cabs. I highly suggest renting a car - one day rental is equal to one cab fare, if not less.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi Cabs & Rental cars

The taxis are all the same cost - their fares are regulated so in terms of cost, no one company will be any better than any of the others. In terms of reliability / service, that's more hit and miss depending more on the specific driver than the company itself, in my experience.

For rental cars, stick with the larger national companies - Hertz, Enterprise, Avis, Thrifty, Alamo, Budget etc. If you find any companies substantially less expensive than these, I urge you to keep in mind this old piece of wisdom "you get what you pay for" - I've not encountered many industries where this seems to be more true than it is with car rentals.

3. Re: Taxi Cabs & Rental cars

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 19, 2014