We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santa Monica to Santa Barbara by bus train?

Loughton, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Santa Monica to Santa Barbara by bus train?

I am staying in Santa Monica at the YHA Int on second street for a week leaving on the 23 July can anyone tell me the best way to get to Santa Barbara by bus or train and do I need to go to Los Angeles Union Stn ?

Thanks

Kenny

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Santa Monica to Santa Barbara by bus train?

You can take the bus along Wilshire (the red one is the fastest) to Western, where you board the Purple Line subway which will take you to the Union Station downtown. From there, you will find several trains a day leaving for Santa Barbara. Figure in about 3 hours of travel each way, and don't count on the train being on time...!

Loughton, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Santa Monica to Santa Barbara by bus train?

Thank you for that useful information

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,257 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Santa Monica to Santa Barbara by bus train?

"...(the red one is the fastest..." ??

I think Hans wants to say that the 720 Express bus runs along Wilshire Blvd.

A better way though is to take the Santa Monica Big Blue Bus Rapid #10 straight to Union Station.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Santa Monica to Santa Barbara by bus train?

Agree, Big Blue Bus #10 will be the quicker way to Union Station, most likely. Once you're at Union Station, you can take Amtrak to Santa Barbara - www.amtrak.com

Loughton, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Santa Monica to Santa Barbara by bus train?

Thank you

6. Re: Santa Monica to Santa Barbara by bus train?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 02, 2014