We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels for our honeymoon

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Hotels for our honeymoon

Hi,

We want to stay in Santa Monica area and are looking around $300/night hotel. Can you recommend any nice ones? (Shutters is very nice, but way out of our budget). I've been looking at Sheraton Delfina. Is that a nice one? I've never been to Santa Monica, so its hard choosing a nice hotel by only looking at pictures. They can be very deceiving!

Thanks all!

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
27,657 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels for our honeymoon

I would recommend The Shore Hotel. Delfina is not in the best area, Shore is ideal.

When is this trip?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels for our honeymoon

October 22-October 27. I checked out The Shore, but its a little out of our budget. Loews seems within our budget. What do you think about that hotel?

Santa Monica, CA
Level Contributor
18 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels for our honeymoon

The Sheraton Delfina is a decent place to stay if you can get it under $200/night. It's not that convenient of a location and would only be worth it if you really want starwood points. Sounds like you want more of a special place for your honeymoon so I would recommend the Loewes or the Huntley Hotel. I've stayed at all three places. The Huntley is running a special where if you book 2 nights you get the 3rd night free.

Edited: 6:23 pm, July 30, 2012
Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
27,657 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels for our honeymoon

Loews is perfect, if it's in budget, book it. Huntley is also nice, but they don't have a pool, and Loews pool overlooks the beach and pier.

Netherlands
Level Contributor
650 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels for our honeymoon

We have chosen Loews for our holiday and it suits our needs perfectly - pool, oceanside, near to shops, near to Pier....and budgetwise OK.

6. Re: Hotels for our honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, August 16, 2013