We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santa Monica Hotels

Which Santa Monica hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
66 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Santa Monica Hotels

Hi Everyone,

This coming Sept., I am flying into LAX and staying in SM. This will be my frist trip to Cali. I am looking for a nice hotel for my friend and I for a girls weekend. I wanted to stay at the Viceroy, but the price of hotel has gone up since I last looked online a few months ago. We got airfare r/t and nonstop from Philly for only $320- so we are okay w/spening a little more on the hotel but not as much as Viceroy is asking. Do you have any suggestions for nice hotels that are on beach or within a few min walk?

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
26,771 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Santa Monica Hotels

What is your actual budget for a hotel? Hotels in SM are pricy.

There are only a few hotels that fit your description, Viceroy, Huntley (no pool), Fairmont, Shore, Loews, Merigot, Shutters and Casa del Mar. The rest are chains like Holiday Inn etc. I would see if The Shore or Loews fit your budget.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
66 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Santa Monica Hotels

I looked at Loews and that did fit my budget. I will check out Casa del Mar. Since there are two of us, I would like to pay no more then about $1500 total so we can spilt that cost.

I would also like to be able to walk to the beach and the shops (prommenade). Will the loews fit my needs/wants?

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
26,771 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Santa Monica Hotels

All the hotels I listed fit what you seek.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Santa Monica Hotels

Yes, Loew's is right on the beach, and you can walk from it to the Promenade. Both are great and you won't go wrong at either, but you might like Casa Del Mar a little bit more - Loew's is a tiny bit more family oriented.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
66 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Santa Monica Hotels

Thanks for all your help. After looking at all rates, I am going to keep my res at Viceroy as that is actually showing to be the same as Loews since I booked Viceroy back in Jan

6. Re: Santa Monica Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, June 19, 2013