We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone used PriceLine before to book a hotel room?

Ontario
Level Contributor
112 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone used PriceLine before to book a hotel room?

I'm looking for 2 rooms in a 4* hotel in Santa Monica for 4 nights and shopping around to get the best price. Has anyone ever used PricLine to book a hotel room? Are they like Hotwire where you don't know what you're getting? Is there a better site to go on?

London, Canada
Level Contributor
270 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone used PriceLine before to book a hotel room?

i have used Priceline a few times. Most recently for Anaheim and San Fran. I have been very happy with the deals I have got. You can message me for more info, or go to betterbidding.com

Northern California
Level Contributor
133 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone used PriceLine before to book a hotel room?

You can use priceline like expedia where you see the rooms and rates and choose what you like, or you can choose the name your own price option and bid on a generic room at a much lower rate.

I've used it a lot and have been happy with most of my deals. If you don't have a preference where to stay it is great.

Ontario
Level Contributor
112 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone used PriceLine before to book a hotel room?

How do you come up with a price that's reasonable? I doubt that they would accept say $200 for a room that goes for $350. Is there a guideline when you're pricing?

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
28,127 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone used PriceLine before to book a hotel room?

Read up on biddingfortravel.com to gain insight, and to see what's been going for what rate, lately.

Northern California
Level Contributor
133 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone used PriceLine before to book a hotel room?

I haven't used biddingfortravel but I probably will sometime.

In Minnesota, in Bloomington I've several times gotten a nice Sheraton (can't remember 3.5 or 4 stars) for $50. Normal price is like $150 I think. Got the Trump in Vegas for something like $100 for a 5*.

Got a solid 3.5 or 4 star hotel in Indiana by the airport for $50, rack is over $100.

Yes you can get really big discounts.

Ontario
Level Contributor
112 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone used PriceLine before to book a hotel room?

That's amazing that you could get hotels for those prices. I'm hoping that prices in high season will be as attractive. I will certainly read up first and give this a try. Thanks for your help

London, Canada
Level Contributor
270 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone used PriceLine before to book a hotel room?

I stayed at the Westin Harbour Castle in Toronto this week for 2 nights at $52 (USD) per night. Regular week day rate is about $279. It was awesome.

Centnennal, CO
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Has anyone used PriceLine before to book a hotel room?

I used Priceline and got 2 rooms at the Doubletree Suites Santa Monica for $75 per night - much better than the $190 best price of linked travel sites. It looks like a great location for a family of five with teens. We'll see

9. Re: Has anyone used PriceLine before to book a hotel room?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:38 am, November 19, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Santa Monica