We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

April 2006 with the Family

ontario
Level Contributor
71 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
April 2006 with the Family

We are planning to go Santa Monica at the end of April 2006. Just for a day or two before Disneyland. Any hotel and must see attractions for kids under the age of 10 with regard to hotels and attractions?

Newbury Park...
Level Contributor
3,358 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: April 2006 with the Family

My kids love the Santa Monica Pier and the Carousal at the end. Also, depending on their ages, you might want to rent bikes and bike down to Venice.

3rd Street Promenade is fun to watch the performers and walk around. It is a walking street so less stressful wondering with kids. There is a good toy store there as well.

If the weather is bad and your kids have too much pent up energy, head over to 4th street to Bright Child, an indoor play area, lots of climbing, slides and tunnels. A big hit with my kids.

The Santa Monica Airport has a nice, small museum of flying.

Again. depending on their ages, the Getty museum is fun for a while. My kids love taking the tram up to the museum. They also enjoy the gardens and the views.

If you have a car, The Grove and the LA Farmers Market is a nice way to spend a couple of hours. The kids love the musical water fountains, the double decker trolley and lunch.

Hoep this helps.