We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tour to Universal Studios/City Tour-which company?

New Zealand
Level Contributor
469 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Tour to Universal Studios/City Tour-which company?

Please can someone recommend a company to use for the above tour? After searching I found Hollywood (which seemed rather expensive) and Starline who seemed to offer the same for less, and All Los Angeles Tours, who I haven't seen anyone mention in this forum, who were the cheapest.

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
27,645 posts
5,811 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tour to Universal Studios/City Tour-which company?

All 3 tours basically are:

1) Transportation to Universal Studios where you can stay a few hours (with Hollywood giving the option of staying all days versus 3/4 a day if you book that tour - they also have shorter ones.)

2) The sights around Univeral (key ones) are the same on all 3 tours. The tour guide (which you can't pick in advance) will either be very knowledgeable and entertaining or just doing their job. but you'll see about the same things.

As such, I'd pick based on price...making sure you have at least 6 hours (or more) at Universal Studios as that is the most fun with enteratinment, rides, shows, and movie lot tour.

You could easily spend 8-10 hours here.