We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Doubletree in SM? Beverly Hil in BH?

Which Santa Monica hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New England
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Doubletree in SM? Beverly Hil in BH?

Appreciate any info on tthe Doubletree in Santa Monica. My husband and I are looking for clean, comfortable, safe, centrally located place to stay for 2-night layover from Maine to Hawaii. Prefer shuttle service from LAX over car rental due to early morning flight. Willing to spend around $200+/night and guessing Santa Monica is best location without transportation. Or is Beverly Hills (and the Beverly Hilton) a better choice? Both locations seem to be same distance from LAX.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
27,234 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Doubletree in SM? Beverly Hil in BH?

I don't know that either hotel provides transportation from LAX, but Santa Monica hotels will be about half the price of a taxi than it would be to BH hotels, as SM is quite close to LAX (they are definitely not the same distance from the airport).

Also, in SM, you can walk to shops and restaurants easily, whereas BH is great during the day, with nothing much to do at night. Both hotels are safe, clean and central - but in BH you will need to rent a car.

Closer still would be the South Bay - Manhattan, Hermosa, Redondo...and there is an easy shuttle to take. But, it is not LA, and if you want to sightsee in LA, it will require a car. But the South Bay is lovely, and you can walk everywhere.

San Mateo...
Level Contributor
1,497 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Doubletree in SM? Beverly Hil in BH?

I've stayed at the Doubletree before and would recommend it.

Pluses: got it for $80 through priceline, rooms are big (bedroom separate from living room, has a pool, close to 3rd St promenade, across the street from Police station

Minuses: room conditions a bit worn, right next to the freeway so it could be noisy with the deck door open,

3. Re: Doubletree in SM? Beverly Hil in BH?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 am, August 21, 2009