We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how is this location??

Which Santa Cruz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Topic
how is this location??

i'm looking to rent a bungalow this upcoming wknd for a last-minute getaway. it's located near w cliff drive and swift street. how is this neighborhood? i will be traveling with my husband and two young kids and we want to make sure this is a relatively quiet and safe neighborhood. thoughts?? thanks in advance!

Southern Oregon
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: how is this location??

I just returned from a vacation in that area. Although I do not recall that exact location, we drove W Cliff and I did not see anything that stood out as a red flag. Very nice upscale homes. There were a lot of older folks out for a morning walk, a lot of joggers and what looked to be tourists.

Enjoy your trip.

Santa Cruz, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
230 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how is this location??

A fine location. Way out on the west end of West Cliff Drive near Natural Bridges State beach. It's a mile walk to the wharf or Boardwalk. Very residential area. Very safe. Can be a bit windy and cold there if the fog rolls in. Walk up Swift Street to the Swift Street Commons where Kelly's Bakery is and take in the food scene there. Also, Iveta on Delaware (two blocks to the left from Swift) is a wonderful place for breakfast. Their scones are world famous. They ship their batter literally all over the world. I'm getting hungry just typing about Iveta.

Enjoy!

Santa Cruz...
Level Contributor
1,230 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how is this location??

Also, very nice wine tasting in the Swift Street Courtyard near Kelly's. Several tasting rooms right around each other. The kids will be welcome, but of course can't drink ;) I suggest Bonny Doon Vineyards, which has a nice restaraunt for lunch as well. Equinox is nearby (actually closer to West Cliff) and has a lovely sparkling wine, if you like that sort of thing.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
31,971 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how is this location??

As everyone says......great location. Enjoy.

5. Re: how is this location??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, October 08, 2012