We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommend Quality Inn or Comfort Inn?

Which Santa Cruz hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toledo, OH
Level Contributor
69 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Recommend Quality Inn or Comfort Inn?

We have read the reviews and find it difficult to compare . . . does anyone have personal insights on which hotel in Santa Cruz is nicer, the Quality Inn or the Comfort Inn?

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
31,718 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommend Quality Inn or Comfort Inn?

I am assuming you mean the Quality Inn on Ocean Street or the Comfort Inn on Plymouth Street (which is just a short spur from Ocean).

If so, I would choose the Comfort Inn, which sits back from the street on nicely landscaped grounds with a pool. The Quality Inn is just your regular motel set-up. These are not far from each other and are on the main street leading into town from Hws 1 and 17.

If you mean the Quality Inn or the Comfort Inn by the Boardwalk, I would recommend neither. The location is "iffy".

California
Level Contributor
392 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommend Quality Inn or Comfort Inn?

We stayed at the Quality Inn on Ocean St, it is a no-frills motel. For the price and convenience it is fine. What we liked was the location: close to downtown and Marianne's Ice Cream, and it is easy driving to UCSC.

3. Re: Recommend Quality Inn or Comfort Inn?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 22, 2010